Finding a Twitter client for Windows Mobile.

Finding a Twitter client for Windows Mobile.
Find a Twitter client for Windows Mobile.

I tried different clients over several Twitter on my desktop, but I always end up gravitating back to the web interface - I think mainly because they follow a lot of Twitter messages and links with IE7 Pro is installed (in IE8, despite the name) I can use a "movie" gesture to open a link in a new tab and keep reading on Twitter - then go to the pages you have open.Some readers of the free foot is very good, but the opening of a link takes you away from the reader.

On Saturday, I went to London and I know people are tweeting about the photographers gathering at Trafalgar Square with the tag # PhNAT (photographer not a terrorist) and I wanted to see what web happening.I Treaty and full versionsTwitter mobile and better display the most touch-Pro 2, which has not been a good experience.With 3G broadband at my disposal, I decided to download a client.But what?There are 10 or more for Windows Mobile.It does not download, a couple would not work once they were installed.I tried 4.Here are my very scientific sample-of-a personal experience.Do not take my findings as an endorsement by Microsoft.

In the first place, and therefore the level that others have been affected was Twinkie

Click to enlarge

It looks good, and you can add photos, GPS phone or a shortened URL to a glance.But where is the research?If your search does not need another client.I know that some colleagues use TinyTwitter so was this.

Click to enlarge

As you can see Tiny Twitter means to the second, when a tweet has been done and how the customer.I can live without it - not a murderer, but Tiny Twitter seems to be no way to display the full names of tweets or add GPS data to one of them.It takes more taps to start a new book.If you look at the text of Tiny Twitter second place gave me the whole thing, but Twikini truncated.One touch displays the entire message in Twikini seconds and touch me to the linked page.In small Tweet Twitter than tap water, then in the menu, the state, links and damaged some links that I found (the bit.ly).Did not research.

Then I tried Twibble, a Java client.I never had to work, and what little I saw of the user interface does not encourage me to try very hard.Then came Twitula, requiring a new version of the framework.Compact Framework and does not work, even when I installed (and SLAP wrist for us to do it when I returned to my laptop because it is not packaged for direct installation on mobile devices).Then came Twobile.



picture

Twobile has the great advantage that they support all the functionality of Twitter by example ......drumroll search.It also includes the maximum number of tweets - even if it does what you need to truncate to open it to everyone to read.You can also invoke the Google translation to translate a Tweet (Hebrew is sadly not an option, so you never know what he said Shay).Their appearance is definitely against him and things like these require a large number of taps link bordering the perverse.You could use this with one another for your search, but it's really all.


[Update: somewhere on this point, I tried to pocket idiot.Somehow I left the original list]

PocketTwit is the opposite of Twobile - the controls are geared for pen input (which the Touch-Pro 2 is compatible) input instead of fingers (which also supports).Twit Pocket-touch is a real application - Drag the column tweets of the road and you will find menus that are on the sides.I found this disconcerting at first, and still do not feel at all that I have made contact he had some hesitation.The key was when I slipped on the keyboard and the device is in landscape mode entered was not found that slip into the column enough to get the menu in place.This review may be of value, as and when I get on better with the touch, but rejected for lack of research, despite (thank you to Scot Lovegrove here) I later learned it was research, butnot very accessible.I understand people like this app - I feel a bit luddite for not doing myself.


Click to enlarge

I finally managed to mo-tweets, this announcement comes as a "proposal" version or a version of $ 3.95.

picture

First, you can run full screen (as here) and use the bar at the top gives it a tap Tweet button (the other 3 Tweet Twikini allows only a single button on the startup screen)."Sections" main menu also includes a shortcut button on the top menu, so you can access the same range of options Twobile.There is an option to truncate messages that do not have the focus or the sample as a whole, and drawing in a message gives you the widest range of options (hash search on tags, send them by eEmail to translate again), and there is an option for the shortcut buttons in the message by emphasizing - to reply, retweet and add to your favorites.Finally, the dialog box and buttons to add people Tweet, existing or new photographs, a shorter URL or your GPS position.It could suggest improvements to mo-tweets.This provides the Google Maps page displays the URL, but the jumps in the default browser when you click a link - I'd like the option to view the page mo-tweets.This gives you the option URL shorteners, including Bit.ly - I would put my account information bit.ly on what I can see what traffic is left for the link, and I would like to choose your own provider of mapping.However, as it gives me the key things I want in a way that pleases me is that you have installed yet - remember people, you can not extrapolate from this thatMicrosoft was a kind of nothing like Microsoft as a whole.


Published on Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 11:13 by Jameson
Filed under: Mobility, Social Media
Comment Notification

To receive an email when updates are made to this post, please register here

Subscribe to this entry through RSS
Comments
# Re: Finding a Twitter client for Windows Mobile.

Good comparison.

I always Twinkie, without research, and although sometimes freezes when updating so that Task Manager can not kil event (used via WiFi wireless 3G modem).Although it is still good enough that I paid, and is extremely fast.

Fast is important because I am limited by my smartphone or E72 Benq / s with very little memory.

PocketTwit, who has worked on a TyTN II fairly well guarded from death and destruction in the process.NET Compact Framework configuration for both himself and all other programs.It is a shame because it totally throws the WinMo UI sliding menus work fantastically well in a non-touchscreen smartphone

0 评论:

发表评论