Hi there!

I'm a newbie here and have searched an answer for my question almost everywhere but haven't yet found anything which would help me.

My TyTn II is 3,5 years old and its housing was pretty trashed (the device worked great though). So I purchased a brand new housing for it.

OK, I replaced the housing by myself and engaged the phone. Everything seemed to work just fine except internal GPS. All the programs I've used seem to find phone's internal GPS but cannot get the fix even though I've downloaded several updates of Quick GPS and tried many navigation & GPS testing programs. The longest period has been 1 hour so I suppose it should've get the fix during that time.

So I assume that the internal GPS is broken. I don't know whether I'm right with my doubts but therefore I'd like to ask couple of things and I'd really appreciate if someone would be able to give me proper answers to them.

Question #1: If the device is found but cannot get the fix, is the problem in GPS antenna itself or is it a software issue?

Question #2: Where is that internal GPS of TyTn II/Kaiser/P4550 located and can it be replaced afterwards?

Question #3: If the internal GPS cannot be replaced, where could I find a decent priced main PCB (if the GPS antenna is welded/integrated on the main PCB???) or should I just try external GPS antenna?

Thanks a million in advance!